New Mexico Unit 53 hunting map topo with printed boundaries
HuntersDomain has New Mexico unit 53 hunt area maps that are 1:100,000-scale maps using Bureau of Land Management land status base maps.
Our UNIT 53 maps include:
- New Mexico public land ownership boundaries
- Topographical contour lines
- 1:100,000 scale for easy viewing
- Roads printed
- Key terrain features to help you plan your hunt or trip
- Hunt area or game management unit 53 (GMU 53) boundary is overlaid on the BLM base map
- Easy planning for your upcoming big game hunt by defining roads and routes into the preferred area
Custom maps for unit 53 are also available (See it all on one map):
- Color aerial photo maps: high resolution (you define borders/boundaries)
- TOPO maps only where you easily define borders or edges of maps with our online program
- Hybrid maps: a unique and detailed aerial photo combined withe USGS topographical maps (user-defined boundaries)
Order your unit 53 New Mexico topo map today!
The actual boundary description/definitions printed below from New Mexico Division of Wildlife hunting regulations brochure could have errors or been amended by the state so always check in their most current printed regulations or the New Mexico Division of Wildlife website to verify these boundaries before hunting as these are for reference only.
– Unit 53 Topo/Map New Mexico – Game Management Unit (GMU-53).
Game Management Unit (GMU) Beginning at the intersection of New Mexico 567 and the Rio Grande and running north along the Rio Grande to the New Mexico/Colorado state line, then east along the state line to its junction with New Mexico 522, then south along with New Mexico 522 to the south boundary of the Sangre de Cristo Grant, then east along the grant boundary to the Taos-Colfax county line, then south along the Colfax County line to the south boundary of the Taos Pueblo, then west along the south boundary of the pueblo to New Mexico 68, then south along with New Mexico 68 to New Mexico 570 immediately south of Ranchos de Taos, then west along with New Mexico 570 to its junction with New Mexico 567, then west along with New Mexico 567 to its intersection with the Rio Grande. Cerro Portion of GMU 53: That portion of GMU 53 beginning at the intersection of New Mexico 522 and New Mexico 378, then north on New Mexico 522 approximately 3.1 miles to its intersection with CR B-041 (Buena Vista Road), then west on CR B-041 1 mile to the dirt road on the boundary of townships T30N and T29N, then west on that dirt road 2 miles to its intersection with CR B-048 (Sunshine-Jarosa Road), then south on CR B-048 approximately 1.3 miles to its intersection with New Mexico 378, then southeasterly on New Mexico 378 approximately 3.5 miles to its intersection with New Mexico 522..
Additional maps you may wish to purchase for New Mexico Game Management Unit 53.
Taos Quad and Wheeler Peak Quad.
US Forest Service Maps:
Carson National Forest, Latir Peak & Wheeler Peak Wildernesses.